Tuesday, June 12, 2007

You Do Whaaaat?


GI Joe
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
Question of the day:

Brush your teeth before breakfast or after?

This came up in a conversation with my friend Jenny last night. She is going to do her weekly weigh-in this morning and I said, "So. Tomorrow morning you'll get up, brush your teeth, weigh yourself, and then get dressed."

"Oh my no!" She said. "I won't brush my teeth."

I thought perhaps it was a joke about weighing as unencumbered as possible...perhaps the toothpaste would add weight (yes, we are twisted). But no...she is of the school that says you brush your teeth after breakfast.

As my dad told Mensa Boy many many years ago, "That's just barbaric."

MB says he changed eventually because he realized he couldn't go up against the entire family. (yeah, he's joking)

He does admit that our family's penchant for showering at night before bed was a change he happily made. It just makes sense. Go to bed nice and clean. The bed stays fresh. Saves time in the morning. Yada yada yada. I do have to say our family's personal hygiene schedule really comes in handy when at the beach with his sister's family, or when we are camping. We have free use of the bathroom at night...no shower traffic jams, no problems with hot water, etc.

Truth is, I simply can't function in the morning without brushing my teeth first. Who knows what sort of mess I'd end up eating for breakfast if I hadn't brushed.

Whaddayoudo?

2 comments:

Burkinator said...

Depends. Most weekdays I eat breakfast on the way to the Y, so I brush first. Weekends: If I think my breath could kill, I brush. Some days it seems silly to brush, then eat breakfast and drink coffee.

Anonymous said...

Brush after eating, otherwise I spend the morning getting the shredded wheat out of my teeth!