Sunday, June 10, 2007

Peaceful Repose


PeacefulRepose
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
When I saw this photo I had to remind myself that this is Taylor, not Nate!
Today we drive Nate to Erskine College for the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) conference. It will be a long day in the car...about 3 hours there, and then 3 hours back.
Yesterday was a usual day, with Jazz in the morning (although particularly fun because friend Tambri is back for the summer now that her dance school is on hiatus for a few weeks.), and then lunch at Jumpin' Java in Fort Mill. They really have fantastic salads. But I was so hungry yesterday that I went home after lunch and drank a big glass of chocolate milk too.
Speaking of chocolate milk, I've switched to Silk Soy Milk. I wouldn't say I'm particularly lactose intolerant...I have no problem with dairy products on the whole...but to drink an actual glass of milk does tend to wreak havoc with my digestive system. For several months Mensa Boy and I have bought Lactaid for ourselves to use, but it's just so darn expensive! So on a whim one day I bought a carton of soy milk, which was way cheaper.
It was pretty much just okay. So the next carton I bought was the vanilla-flavored stuff. Now THAT is good. I can't just drink a glass of white milk, so I always put Nestle Quik in it. I end with a sort of milk-shake-like flavor that way. Good stuff!
In the afternoon I went shopping for workout clothes. It was 95 degrees yesterday and both pair of my capris were in the wash. I had to wear long pants at Jazz and I really roasted in those. But I didn't have much luck with the shopping. It turns out that workout clothes are about as hard to shop for as street clothes!
I went to my friend Jenny's house after that and we drove with her kids over to Baxter Village to Alex's Lemonade Stand. The stand was up all day yesterday giving away cups of lemonade in exchange for donations to pediatric cancer research. You can go here to donate online.
Jenny wrote a story about the stand in last Wednesday's Fort Mill Times. She took a photo I am absolutely jealous of. Go here to see that(at least until the link expires).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking- and for the compliment. I'm only hoping to be as good a photographer as you one day, sensei. :)