Monday, June 11, 2007

Coming Attraction


ComingAttraction
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
This old, closed-up theatre in Inman, S.C. had this poster in front. I like the sense of humor.

Yesterday we drove 2.5 hours away from home and dropped Nate out in the middle of the country.

Does that sound like someone taking a batch of kittens out to the country to dump them? In a way it felt like that.

This bothered me more than his first day of kindergarten. This is the first time I've taken one of my kids to a place I've never heard of, dropped him into a situation where I don't know a soul, and I don't know what he'll be doing while he's there.

He'll be fine. But I felt bad for him, a little. Although he seemed to have a fairly good attitude about it. I sent him a text message this morning asking how he slept and he replied that he dropped off right away. He has a pretty severe sunburn from his day on the boat with his best friend's family, so I sent him with Tylenol PM for night and Naproxen Sodium for the daytime.

No comments: