Thursday, June 14, 2007

Damaged Toe


DamagedToe
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
"Hmmm...wonder what it would take to get Karen to go for a pedicure?" My friends ask periodically.

Well. This. I fell up the steps to a house I was visiting while pursuing a news story. Other than the time I locked my keys in the car at an interview, this was the most embarrassing reporter's moment in my life to this date.

The toe hurts. So does the other one. Actually, I think the one "that stayed home" hurts the most.

I'm scared to touch it. But both toes need trimming. So...

On the way home I stopped in at a local salon. The salon that I did a new business story on last winter. The salon where the owner ended the interview by saying to me, "You should come in to see us. Your bangs are too heavy." Yup.

Why did I stop there? It's on the way home. They are having their Grand Opening. Maybe they will be nice to my pocketbook. And I'm not mired in depression anymore, so if they say some stuff about my hair I probably won't cry.

I might cry when they touch my sore toes, though. We'll see.

Maybe I'll see if they can teach me to put my hair in a ponytail for Jazzercise, too. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your hair long enough for a ponytail now?? Is it still growing since I saw you in October?? I can't wait to see it! Jessi can show you how to put pre-wrap in your hair.

Anonymous said...

And I guess I should have said "Ha Ha you are turning into a girly girl! Jessi can show you how to spend hours in front of the mirror getting your hair straight, gooping on make up and touching up your pedi!