Friday, June 26, 2009

Beach Trip


Us at Blues
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
BFF Julie and I, as you know, spent a few days in Cherry Grove last week. After we nearly wore ourselves out painting the first part of the week.

We did a lot of heavy duty relaxing while there, but did spend part of one day wandering through local bookshops, antique stores and thrift shops. Julie is into the latter two. For lack of any other ideas, we stopped at the House of Blues for lunch.

I tell you, traveling here in the south with a vegetarian can be a bit of a trick. It's easy for me to feed her, but it can be hard to find places that have anything worth eating for a vegephile. I thought for sure the House would have a few items.

Salad.

And a stupid one at that. The lettuce was poor quality and there not really any "bits" in it to jazz it up. I felt badly for her, but she took it in stride. I, on the other hand, had an excellent gumbo. We shared a plate of sweet potato fries as well.

This is a meat-and-three state and now that I think of it, we probably should have just looked for places like that. She would have enjoyed the "three" part. Although she wasn't impressed with the roasted okra I made her Saturday night.

Maybe if we'd made dined out in Charlotte a couple times we would have a had a little better luck. But even the Billy Graham Library didn't have a decent veggie sandwich. Just a cold American Cheese sandwich on the kids' menu.

But we had a great time and I'm looking forward to doing this again.

No comments: