Monday, December 01, 2008

I Don't Know

I don't know what this plant is. I shot it at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden on Friday. It was in the orchid conservatory there. I wanted to go there specifically to play with my new camera. I didn't get really any GREAT SHOTS, but this flower did intrigue me and turned out reasonably well.

Today is a sad day for many of my friends. One of the ladies we used to jazzercise with found her teenaged daughter this morning. The daughter had committed suicide overnight in her room. Pray for Mary McClane and her family, will you? And give an extra hug to your kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mother has many plants that look like this in her backyard. Out here in California they are called "Birds of Paradise"--why I don't know.

After reading the rest of the blog (regarding Mrs. McClane's daughter)--Today is not a good day indeed!! I will hug my daughters and cry.

Tom from California

Karen said...

yup. Bird of Paradise. I think that would be cool having those right in your backyard. they are not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill flowers