Thursday, December 04, 2008

No Photo and No Real Thoughts

This is a guilt entry. I haven't been writing as much as I used to and I'd like to get back to it. But you know? Sometimes you get caught up in the day-to-day stuff and then the next thing you know it's time to go to bed again.

But. The other day I decided to stop drinking wine on weeknights. I enjoy a glass of wine each day. Just one glass. And not a very large one. But it was making me tired. When I come home and sit down with a glass of wine and a little blue cheese and pretzel crackers, I wind down just a little too much. Then I have a hard time getting going again for the evening. I was ending up not really getting anything done 5 nights each week.

And really that was ok. I haven't been behind on anything. Everything still got done. But I want to a little productive in the evening.

And it's working pretty well. I spent Monday cleaning off my backup hard drive. All I have left on there are photos now. Everything else was burned to a DVD, which I'll put somewhere for safe-keeping. Now I need to begin the task of going through my photos and sifting out the good one. Those I'll keep on my computer and the rest I'll burn to DVDs and stash somewhere. Sort of a virtual closet-cleaning.

What are you cleaning out these days?

No comments: