Sunday, November 25, 2007

Wine Notes: Old Fart's Wife Merlot 2004


OldFartsWifeMerlot
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
Just want to take a moment to note that I'm not drinking myself into oblivion each night. I like to have a glass in the evening while I'm cooking or with my meal, and my friends also enjoy it, so we usually have a glass when we get together. That's it. The reason why there will be so many kinds mentioned all at once is because the bottles from the past month have been accumulating on my desk waiting to be cataloged and photographed.
This? Was terrible. Chris bought it because she was charmed by the name. I wouldn't have done that. I'm not charmed by the name and the wine was hideous. It has to be pretty bad for me to dump down the drain. We each drank 1/2 glass and then glug glug glug down the garbage disposal.
It's been a quiet weekend here. Last night I made the traditional post-Thanksgiving turkey gumbo. A photo and recipe are here.
I watched the movie "Fun with Dick and Jane" yesterday afternoon. It was pretty cute. And then while I made the gumbo I revisited my all-time favorite movie, "The Scarlet Pimpernel."
In the evening I did more moon shooting. It was a full moon, so I was able to capture this:
FullMoon11.24.07

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great photo of the moon...I'm in awe. I really like the Scarlet Pimpernel, too. Did you watch the Jane Seymour version or the earlier one?

Karen said...

In my world, the Jane Seymour one is the only true one. Sink me, no one plays Percy like Anthony Andrews!