Sunday, February 11, 2007

My New Fun Thing-Yoga



While I was visiting my friend Julie, we tried out a couple of yoga DVDs. We'd talked about it before I came...plotting to attend a class or two during my visit. But we weren't able to find a class that fit in with our schedule. What does that tell you? We didn't have a schedule! The yoga options in Rochester, Minnesota are kind of limited.

Anyway, after we had supper Friday night, Julie remembered that she'd not checked the mail. When she opened the front door, she found a gift from some one of her husband's coworkers...a yoga DVD called "Candelight Yoga." What great timing!

So, despite our having full stomachs and at least one glass of wine already, we trooped down the family room to give the DVD a go.

It was EXCELLENT! I've ordered my own copy from Barnes & Noble now.

I've only done yoga a couple of times. There is a small class that meets here in Indian Land at our Boy Scout hut on Mondays at 3:30. But that time does not work really well for me. And I kind of hated to get all excited about it because it only meets once a week. The class was quite hard, too, as it's an hour long and some of the stretches are held for very long periods of time, which tended to make me sore at the end.

This practice is 43 minutes long. I'll use it for days when I don't go to Jazzercise as a "long practice." It was easy to follow and the instructor is not annoying. She's in a class so you can see other students, some of whom are doing slight variations based upon their abilities. There is also a short "energizing" practice that I liked, too.

No comments: