Monday, February 12, 2007

Pulling the Plug

The other day I received copies of Mom and Dad's wills in the mail. I was talking to Mom on the phone and I had asked her if Dad happened to mention that I was hoping to get 2 of her 10 wineglasses that she brought back from Germany. She said he'd mentioned it, but that she didn't want to part with any of them.

"You can't take them with you, you know...," I said.

"I know. But I want them for as long as I'm around," she replied.

I told her I would be too old to taste wine by the time she kicks the bucket at 110. She said she didn't care.

So later in the conversation I said that the wills had arrived.

"No living wills?" I asked.

"No," she said.

"I wish you had done those," I told her. "I won't have trouble with the other two when you are cold and dead in the ground, but I'll have to work hard getting them to let me pull the plug."

She agreed that they should do those.

"I'll be rushing to get that plug pulled, you know," I said.

"Why?" she asked.

"SO I CAN GET THE WINE GLASSES!" I told her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just decided to see what you had done on this blog and I find several entries. Yippeee!

I love that you mention my name in so many of them too!

JAD