Sunday, April 11, 2010

Amelia (Earhart)


Amelia
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
Introducing Amelia. She is the first of my 4 chicks to receive a name. That's because she's the first to show us a personality. And that personality is calculating and desiring flight!

She was looking up at me last night when I went to check on them. At least, I thought she was looking at me. But then I realized, as she swiveled her head around, that she was looking at the top edges of the box. Then she just took a little hop, flapped her wings, and flew straight up at me! She came about 4 inches from the top of the box before dropping back down.

I need to ask my friend Rick again what kind she is. We picked out 4 chicks yesterday afternoon. I'll keep them here for about a month and then we'll introduce them to bff's flock. They will live there with her seven.

Our yogafarm is coming along nicely. The beds are all turned and Mensa Boy is finishing framing in the ones that needed it. We'll start planting greens pretty soon, and we'll start the other seeds in pots.

Three more chicks need names.

No comments: