Monday, April 20, 2009

What will I find in the garden?

This morning I woke to a pounding rain. When that happens, the first thing I think about is whether I can get Bear outside long enough to do his business. Because if I can, then I can leave him all day without having to come walk him at lunch. I was successful this morning, so now I can get off at 3:30 instead of 4.

But the other thing I wondered, and am still wondering about, is what has happened to my new little plants that I put out last night. I planted my herb pots. They will probably be okay. But I had plants that were too large of the pot so I split many of them and put part in the flower bed. Some of them were fairly fragile when I put them out there. Will they be okay? Or are they broken and flattened by the downpour? I won't know until after school today.

My mail order plants have not arrived yet, either. If they show up today I'll be in good shape. I can plant them tonight after Jazzercise. But tomorrow night is the Friends of the Library meeting at 6 and I don't know how long that will go on.

Gardening is stressful! It's a little like parenting!

No comments: