Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Azalea


My Azalea
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
The other day I think I wrote about Azaleas being best enjoyed from a distance. I said that when you get up close to them, they are generally pretty ragged.

I'm eating my words here. After I said that, I went out and started looking closely at my azaleas and also at my neighbor's. All of them have blooms that are in pristine condition.

Today is the last day of spring break and I could spend it in mourning, dreading going back to work. Don't get me wrong: I love my job. But this is the hardest time of the year for the Guidance Department as we prepare for graduation and also work on testing and just in general try to get the year wrapped up. And of course we are all anxious for summer...not just students, but staff too.

But instead I'm going to live today in the moment as much as I can. I hate to let a beautiful day go by unnoticed because I'm too busy worrying about tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments: