Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Busy Bee


Bee
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
It was a busy day yesterday. I didn't make any money, but I sure got a handle on how to get some in the coming weeks. I received a fairly large assignment of work from my beloved Cleveland Company. So much, in fact, that I told them I'd have to do the batch of CDs they need in shifts.

I also came out of the day with something like 6 stories to write. Some will be very short "new business" stories for the paper, one will be another food story (YAY!) and the other is a story I'm pitching for a quarterly magazine our paper publishes.

And I found some time to play with my camera in neighbor Mary's garden, capturing bees busy at this bush of hers. I'm sorry I can't identify it. I really suck at plant identification.

I also went hogwild downloading NPR podcasts to my mp3 player last night. NPR has many, many podcasts available, so I downloaded the last editions of "Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me!" and "Whad'ya Know?" as well as a "Hidden Kitchens" story and a "Kitchen Window" one.

I may have to add a daily walk to my schedule just to get a chance to listen to these!

While I was tinkering with my player, I discovered several flash games on there. I started to play some of them and found that I just don't have the part of the brain that tells me HOW to move the little characters around on the screen. Nate was watching me try to play this airplane game and really could not understand how I could fail to see that the plane drops down when it goes one direction and then flies up when it faces another. He tried to coach me, but pretty much gave me up as a lost cause. I do think I might try to figure out "Free Cell," though. I always have my player in my purse, so I can do that when I'm stuck somewhere waiting for something.

That's all I know right now. Today Nate and I will go to the Rotary meeting, then he goes to school to move more boxes. I'll head to a chiro appointment, and then try to make some calls for interview appointments. This afternoon I'll take him to Ryan's to spend a couple of days and then I'll make the rounds of the farm and grocery store.

Make a good day today! Life is GOOD!

No comments: