Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Bugging Around


Bee2
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
I'm still photographing bugs in my neighbor's garden. Sure, I have bugs myself. But I don't have a garden.

I started photographing them last week, mostly just to get in some practice with macro photography, bokeh, depth of field, etc. But now this week a Nikon D40 group I subscribe to is running a competition for bug photos. So I'll be doing more in the coming week. It's fun to have something to look for to photograph. Most of the group members are way out of my league, but it seems like some of them are not, so I feel like I'm kind of in the middle of the pack.

Today will be a low-key 4th. It always is for us here. We used to go hang at my parent's house and then go to to fireworks. But we only went to fireworks to make my mom happy. The rest of us hate the noise and commotion. Probably tonight we'll just sit on the sidewalk outside my house and watch the ones the neighbors shoot off on the other side of our subdivision.

Until then, we'll probably rent some of the "Rocky" movies. We were talking about them the other day and realizing that Taylor has never seen them.

My friend Jenny did a great story on Nate in the Fort Mill Times. As of a few minutes ago, today's edition was not online. But if you check periodically, it'll pop up fairly soon, I reckon.

Go to Fort Mill Times and look for "IL Senior Takes 'Leadership 101'"

No comments: