Tuesday, June 26, 2007

When You are Cut Off from All Your Toys


SkyOverIndianLand
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
As I mentioned earlier, we had no telephone, no television and no internet access yesterday for a while.

And so some of us went outside. The guys to play, me to reflect and read and whatever.

You notice stuff when you are cut off from computers and phones. We had a cool sky last night.


But then, I also noticed stuff INSIDE the house: SOMEONE had dialed the thermostat down to 76. Goosebumps on my arms were my first warning sign.

3 comments:

Burkinator said...

DOWN to 76? Sheesh. That's about as far up as we ever put it.

Anonymous said...

Geez, you'll probably turn into an icicle when you are here - we keep it at 72 and the basement seems 10 degrees cooler!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Karen..ours is at 78 and it's needed today..I wonder how North Carolina will be in July.
Guess I'll find out pretty soon.Lila