Friday, June 22, 2007

My Mail


CocoaAlmonds
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
Anyone who spends any time on my blog knows by now that I have cool friends.

I have one that lives in Rochester, MN. I went to visit Julie in February and managed to snarf down most of a box of Cocoa Almonds she had on the counter in her kitchen. She bought them at Trader Joe's in Minneapolis.

We don't have a Trader Joe's. For a year I've been driving by the little mall where the Trader Joe's is supposedly going to be, but it never seems to appear. Just the same sign taunting drivers that it is "Coming Soon!"

Julie has kept me in Cocoa Almonds by mailing me boxes of them. I hoard them, allowing myself only 5 each day. She seems to know when I am just about out. The box that showed up last week was when I was down to around 10 left (I skip days to make them last longer).

Julie is indeed "She Who Makes It So!"

2 comments:

Burkinator said...

Cocoa almonds? oooooo. I don't know what they are, but they sound wonderful. And let me know when that Trader Joe's opens. I've been waiting, too!

Karen said...

Trust me. When that happens, there will be something on the blog about it! It will be a great day!