Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Respecter of Plungers

It began as an innocent conversation on the phone with my friend Sarah. We each were enumerating the errands we planned to run yesterday afternoon.

"Target," I said. "I have to go to Target. Prescriptions filled, Kleenex to buy..."

"Oh, Target!" she said. "I have to get there and buy a plunger."

"Well, you said you were just passing Home Depot. Why didn't you just stop in there?" I asked innocently.

"Because there is a certain plunger at Target that I want," she replied. And proceeded to describe it for me.

I began to laugh. Kind of snort, actually, I admit.

She paused.

"Most people do not have preferences when it comes to plungers," I ventured.

She exploded. "Oh. My. G*d! How could you not have a plunger preference?"

3 comments:

Burkinator said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Burkinator said...

I mistyped and my blogger password was in my post!

The post was: Apparently, I have no preference. I don't own a plunger. Probably poor planning on my part.

Anonymous said...

OK, this person must not be related to anyone that I am even remotely related to, to not even OWN a plunger. I would have to divorce rick and marry a plumber.