Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Human Alphabet

This morning I got up and googled "human alphabet." I'm looking for letters that have been shaped by people. I'm not necessarily looking for real people. What I have in my mind's eye are drawings.

Colorful drawings of the alphabet where the letters are people.

I want to print out two particular letters to give to a friend of mine. I thought it would be cool.

I stumbled upon a wealth of information about people and alphabets. None of the sites I visited were what I was looking for, but one was a very interesting website about the history of artists using the human body to make letters of the alphabet. This particular site had naked people making the alphabet.

It was an interesting and...informative...way to start the day.

I'm still looking for an alphabet comprised of people.

Free, of course.

2 comments:

stijn said...

Hi,
This afternoon I stopped working and googled "human alphabet" and found your blog... that is funny, isn't it?
Anyway, here's a link, in case you're still looking: http://mattus.web-log.nl/vibe_visual_brand_experie/2007/07/human_alphabet.html

Karen said...

That's so funny! Just goes to show how funny it can be to write about something and have it come back to you many many months later!
Thanks for the link and I hope the rest of your day goes well.