Saturday, March 10, 2007

Is America Just Stupid When It Comes to Music?

I just watched the results show from this week's "American Idol" and I all I can say is:

"America? What were you thinkin'?"

To keep Sanjaya and kick Sundance? And to keep Haley and bump Sabrina? What? Are all the text messengers on drugs? That was just simply insane!

I have to say I think Sundance made a terrible song choice last week, going to rock with his song by Pearl Jam. I think he's more a Sammy Kershaw kind of guy. He could have done "Tennessee Girl" or one of his older ones. Didn't they say near the beginning that Sundance's dad was a country dude? He completely stole the show last week with "Mustang Sally."

Sanjaya is sooooo boring that we have fast-forwarded past him every week. And Haley? Isn't she the one that Simon said he couldn't even remember her name? The only one that came close to being as dull as she was Antonella. At least America got that one right.

Although I think it was a travesty to choose Sabrina over Haley, I don't see Sabrina going too much further. She's just not that great.

But definitely better than Haley.

I'm delighted for Gina Glocksen. I had her pegged for a rocker the moment I first saw her. My suspicions were confirmed when the took the stage by storm last week.

I do love this show. I'll admit. But it's also frustrating as all get out. And it makes me worried for some of the truly great singers. They tend to get kicked before the very end.

No comments: