Tuesday, June 21, 2005

mise en place

"Everything in it's place" is the rough translation of "mise en place". I've started this blog to put my cooking in its' own place. I am the author of another blog, "Gone to Carolina", which is about our family and our move from Minnesota and subsequent settlement in South Carolina. That blog is an eclectic mixture of commentary about politics and culture, book reviews, movie reviews, anecdotes about our friends and family and cooking. But the cooking has become a bigger thing. And now I've added some amateur photography into the mix. I started writing food articles, blurbs and recipes for our local county newspaper, The Lancaster News, about a month ago and now the cooking that has always been a big part of my life as a hobby is morphing into a bit of a job. Actually writing and photographing it has become more job-like. The actual cooking is still fun enough to feel more like hobby. I've asked the paper if I can post the stuff I write for them on this blog and am waiting for a response. But even if they say no, I'll still have plenty of stuff to put on here. I hope. I just hope I don't run out of stuff to say on Gone to Carolina.

No comments: