Friday, June 24, 2005

Chocolate Chip Pie


Choc Chip Pie
Originally uploaded by
Food Fanatic.
This was a fantastic dessert! I made this for my new book club. My son said "it's like chocolate chip bars in a pie crust." He's exactly right. The recipe is from The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook by Paula H. Deen of Foodnetwork fame. Deen says the pie serves 6 to 8, but even with my sweet tooth I had trouble finishing 1/8 of the pie.

Chocolate Chip Pie

2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 stick butter, melted
6 oz (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
9-inch unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add flour and brown sugar; beat until well blended. Blend in granulated sugar and butter. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into pie shell. Bake for 1 hour.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger chad0154 said...

My wife makes this pie all the time. It is so easy to make and tastes great warm with cool whip on top...yummy!!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for the comment! Welcome to my blog!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Carrie O. said...

Thank you for posting this recipe. Just made it for the first time within the past week, and just blogged about it, too!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home