Friday, April 25, 2003

Gone to Carolina Archive: MN Citizenship Test

Twins 9-12 Braves 13-9
Comments from yesterday: Julia is apparently using my blog to tell her what day it is. Yesterday she thought it was Friday and that I was late in my posting. Later in the day, when she checked my blog again and saw it still said Thursday, she realized she had another Friday to live! You go girl!
Diann S writes: Karen, this is great! I got the link from Karen P(There is a Karen P at Mensa Boy's office). You must have a lot of time on your hands :). It's nice to know you're still a "Minnesota Team" fan. It's kind of hard to get into the Twins, but I really think they'll pick up (as soon as they threaten to shut them down again, maybe). I'm really not much of a hockey fan, and I don't have to watch the games because my son runs into the room about every five minutes to let me in on what's happening. (I pretend to be interested--I've gotten pretty good at that over the years.) Keep up the good work; I'll be tuning in regularly. I miss all you guys! Say HI! to Bob. (Diann is a traitorous past coworker of Mensa Boy's who did NOT move with us...we love her dearly and hope she'll see the light soon)
And also from Julia, this test you can take to apply for Minnesota Citizenship:
Personal Information:Name: ___________________sonSex: _____ Ole _____ LenaHomeAddress_________________________________________________Cabin Address____________________________________________ Religion: _____ Lutheran ______ Catholic Income: _____We do OK _____We're Blessed _____ None of your beeswaxQualifications: (check all that apply)___ I own a gas powered ice auger.___ Fargo floods hit a little close to home.___ I can name a dozen celebrities who've stayed at the Mayo___ I've been trick or treating in two feet of snow.___ Paw is both a hand and the male parent.
Multiple Choice:It's time to wear a hat when.A) The temperature is below 10 degrees.B) Your mother tells you to!C) The temperature is -10 and the wind chill is in double digits.
Essay Questions:
1 . What "uff-da" means to me __________________________________2. What "oopsy daisy" means to me _____________________________You know you're from Minnesota when..... 1. Your idea of a traffic jam is 10 cars waiting to pass a tractor.2. "Vacation" means going to Brainerd for the weekend.3. You measure distance in hours.4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once.5. You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in the same day.6. You use a down comforter in the summer.7. Your grandparents drive 65 mph through 13 feet of snow during ablizzard, without flinching.
9. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave bothdoors unlocked.10. You think of the major food groups as venison, walleye, and Leinenkugels.11. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriendknows how to use them.12. There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at the grocerystore at any given time.13. You design your kids Halloween costume to fit over asnowsuit.14. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.15. You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and flannel p.j.'s.16. You know all four seasons; almost winter, winter, still winter androad construction.17. It takes you 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you'rein a rush because you have to stop to talk to everyone in town.
Happy National DNA Day! Celebrating 50 years of the Double Helix!

No comments: