Friday, January 01, 2016

First Visit: Brown Dog Deli, Charleston


This is a fun little deli in Charleston. They have a great variety of stuff on their menu: a hot dog line-up, burger line-up and vegan/vegetarian one, too. I had a Caribbean Black Bean burger that was pretty good (after I lifted the burned crust off one side):
That's pimento cheese sauce and mango salsa on top. They do not have fries, so I opted for a broccoli salad, which was pretty good. 
The decor is a ton of fun. It's all really bright colors and there are paintings (one is just a childlike painting of a dachshund on a solid background) and posters from old rock bands. There are stacks of record albums and 45s around, but I'm not sure the jukebox actually works. 
The bathroom has great stuff on the walls too, like this giant painting of Godzilla:
Next it was that picture of beetles. Here is shot of the entire thing:
I like how it explains itself: "A Bunch of Beetles on a Chart."
I'd go back there. I know Bob would. He said his Turkey wrap was one of the best sandwiches he's eaten. It did have bacon on it...



No comments: