Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pasta Salad


pastasalad
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
So I usually don't make pasta salad. And the reason is very stupid. It's because the pasta salads I've had have always been terrible. The one that brings bile to my gut has pepperoni in it and is made by dumping in bottled Italian dressing. Even worse, some is made with low-fat or nonfat Italian dressing. Ugh.

But today I decided to Google pasta salads. I'd been thinking of making potato salad, but by the time I got prep time for it, it was noon or 1 o'clock and would have maybe not gotten cold enough for supper.

So there are a lot of pasta salads out there and I decided to try this one from allrecipes.com:

1 (16 oz) pkg penne pasta (I used these here spirals)
1/4 C vegetable oil (I used Olive)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tomatoes, chopped (I used a pkg of grape tomatoes)
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 c black olives, chopped

Cook the pasta.
Make the vinaigrette.
Chop up the other stuff in a big bowl.
Combine it all.
Chill for 30 minutes.

I think it will be good. It's chilling now. I'm serving it to the carnivores with their roast chicken. I'll have this and a green salad.

No comments: