Sunday, September 20, 2009

Glee!

I stumbled upon this show on Fox the other day and was instantly hooked. Here is the website.

An adorable Spanish teacher (Will, played by Matthew Morrison) decides he will take over the high school Glee club after the former teacher is dismissed. He was in the club when he was in high school and has those glory days stuck in his head. "Back when I was here at this high school, the Glee club ruled!" he proclaims to the student body at an assembly.

The Principal agrees to let him work with the club, but he has to PAY $60 a month to keep it going. And monitor detention for several months. He is up against a malevolent cheerleading coach, Sue Sylvester, who is played by Jane Lynch of "Best in Show" and "A Mighty Wind," as well as many other comedies by Christopher Guest. Sue wants Glee to fail because her budget is cut to allow for some of the expenses. One showdown between Sue and will starts with:

"Sue: Iron tablet? It keeps your strength up when you menstruate.
Will: I don't menstruate.
Sue: Neither do I."

The music is fantastic and every character has something that makes you want to say they are your favorite. You've got to give this show a try. Go to Fox on Demand and watch each episode. The main problem I'm going to have is watching on TV. We don't have surround sound. But when I watch on my laptop I have a nice sound system with a subwoofer so the music really stands out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love that show!

Dave (of Dave & Anita)