Saturday, January 19, 2008

Off I Go a-Rovering

It's 5:58 a.m. and I'm off to my three precincts to see how they are doing with their machines. I should be done at all three by 7 when the polls open. Then, it's just a lot of a waiting around, waiting for a problem. But there won't be one. Once everyone is up, the machines just click right along. We are well-prepared and the machines have been properly set up.

Intense boredom will set in around 10 a.m. and last through 7 p.m. tonight. I have books and movies and my cameras to entertain me. One of the polling places is in an historic Presbyterian church near here. They have a very picturesque cemetery, so I hope to take some shots in there. We are expecting 1-3 inches of snow throughout the day, so that could make photos even more fun.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Big change of subject:

I"M LIKE YOU!!!

We just bought a new Nikon D40 SLR!

I'm still figuring it all out, and I shall be calling on you to be my mentor!!

HOORAY