Monday, August 03, 2009

Connecting

Today is the first day of my regular school schedule: 7 - 3:30 or 4:00 (depending upon how long a lunch I take). I'm glad. The 10-hour days are just not that great. Usually I'm worn out by Friday and don't do much special that day.

But last Friday I did go hiking on the Anne Springs Close Greenway with my friend Liz. I posted some photos on Facebook of a few things we encountered while there. Our original plan was to kayak on Lake Haigler, but it started raining while we were hiking to the lake. So we ended up just hiking around in the woods for a while.

The kudzu is in bloom now and boy are those flowers pretty. And they smell so good! Kind of a cross between sweet peas and honeysuckle. I was amazed. I guess I'd never been close enough to kudzu to know that it even blossomed and flowered.

Saturday I did the jazz and yoga thing and then went to lunch with my friend Paula. My new favorite place to hang out is Back in Thyme in Fort Mill. I know they have a website but I can't find it right now. It's basically just an old house they've converted to a coffee shop. They also have sandwiches. I had a wonderful albacore tuna wrap. And I like their coffee. I have their house roast coffee with a double shot of espresso added. So far I've not sat inside the shop, but there are several rooms, all decorated comfortably. I like sitting on a little stepping-stone style patio that has a round table with an umbrella. The only drawback to that spot is that there seems to be an ant home underneath it.

Sunday was church and then Cassie and I went for supper in Ballantyne to a cafe called "Sweet Tea Cafe." It was quite good. There are several little restaurants cropping up around the area where the Catholic church is.

So it was a busy weekend, full of opportunities to connect with friends before buckling down to 205 more days of work! And speaking of that...it's time to go!

No comments: