Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Like a Big Grown-Up Play Date

Last night I went to Charlotte with my friend Liz to the yoga class at The Yoga Center. This was my third visit and by far that most fun. The teacher, Phyllis, was back on her game after being down with a virus for a couple of weeks. And so she worked us hard.

We did a lot of prep work on the ground and at a rope wall. (You can see a photo of that on the website) This was all leading up to doing backbends and handstands. I was very pleased to be able to get up into a handstand unassisted at the first try. My backbends were pretty good, too. But we did those with chairs underneath them. So I think my next step will be to do backbends starting on the floor.

We came out of there not tired but really energized and feeling like we had worked hard. To start the day in Jazzercise and then end it in yoga is a GOOD THING!

In between? Not much. I finished the first season of "The Wire" and then read my book. I can tell I'll probably finish it today. It's good to have a book that you can dive into and are reluctant to put down. But I do need to do some house stuff today.

No comments: