Thursday, July 02, 2009

Away We Go: A GREAT Movie!

Cassie and I went to see this movie this afternoon. I absolutely loved it. Yes, I did get restless near the end, but I get restless near the end of most movies.

So this couple is expecting a baby and they realize they really have not grown up. They lived near his parents (hers are dead), only to have the parents announce they are moving to Belgium for two years. They live in a crappy, run-down shack, and so they decide maybe they should move somewhere too.

So they start off on a round-the-country trip to visit friends and family to see if there is a good placed for them to settle down with the baby. And along they way they learn some valuable lessons in how to, and how not to, be parents.

It can be a little crude at times. I would not take my 14-year-old son to see it, but it's a great flick for adults.

2 comments:

Burkinator said...

This looks good! Where is it playing?

Karen said...

We saw it at the cool Ballanytine theatre. Yes, that's "theatre," not "theater."