Friday, July 18, 2008

Payback


payback
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
I am a stalker. I stalk my friend Rena when I get a chance. Usually I leave something on her car for her when I'm out shopping near her work. It might be a stick of gum, an orange with a smiley face drawn on it, a jar of wild capers...whatever jumps into my hand and says "I need to be on Rena's car.

The other day, with Lis' assistance, I wrote a message on several pieces of post-it note paper and stuck it all over her car. The post-its were perfect for Rena because they said "blah blah blah" on the top, which is something she always says. Most of the pad of 100 notes was left so I stuck the pad on her back window so she could use them later.

The prank was good. The execution was good. But the notes did not stand up to the light breezes we had that day. Rena and her boss had to pick them up from the parking lot ground, grass and bushes when they got off work. The next morning she stuck them on my mailbox. Her timing was impeccable. She managed to stop by minutes after I'd come in from walking the dog, and just before Mensa Boy left for work.

She did not leave me the blank ones.

These are the days winding down to when I go back to work on July 31. Days that are quite hot in the middle, but pleasantly cool and breezy at the beginning and end. I'm spending a lot of time on the patio reading during those times. I like this schedule.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Glad you're finding productive use for your time!