Sunday, March 09, 2008

Orange Cardamom Muffins


OrangeCardamomMuffins
Originally uploaded by Food Fanatic
I'd never made these before, but I can tell right now that I will make them again. Honestly, I made these for the church bake sale because I thought, "Cardamom. I can use some of that up."

I've not made a bad muffin from the cookbook "Gloria's Glorious Muffins," by Gloria Ambrosia. I've had it so long and used it so much that I really need to put a rubber band around it. The pages are falling out.

Orange Cadamom Muffins
yield: 12 muffins

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached white flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/4 tsp ground cardamom

Wet Ingredients:
3/4 c orange juice concentrate
1 c soy or cow's milk
1/4 c canola oil
1 egg
1/2 cup honey, warmed slightly
2 Tbsp grated orange rind

Topping:
1/3 cup slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tins with paper or grease with shortening or butter.

Sift together the dry ingredients.

Whisk together the wet ingredients.

Pour the wet into the dry. Mix just until all the dry is incorporated. No longer!

Fill muffin cups nearly full. Top with almonds. Bake 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and brush lightly with canola oil. Let rest for 10 minutes in the pans before serving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I demand you make those when we are there (PLEEEEEEASE???)