Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Wednesday, October 17 was a big day for our community. That afternoon I went to the bid opening for our new library. We were very pleased with the results: 11 bidders came in and the lowest was only $9,000 over our cost projections from a year ago! Amazing when you consider inflation, gas prices, etc. And it was a local contractor, to boot. A nice bonus. I always like to do business locally.

Thursday and Friday I pretty much spent working on my continuing computer problems. The short story is, consider carefully before upgrading to Office 2007. My computer has been restarting unexpectedly since installing the suite. And I'm still not sure I can run MS Access at all. I had quite a few photos to run through and some writing to do, so it did make things rather slow going. But thanks to "autosave" I never lost anything.

On Saturday afternoon we had a picnic at Landsford Canal State Park. It was pretty much a spur-of-the-moment thing. It turns out that our guys don't mind hiking at all, so that morning after Jazz I proposed we go. We did some work around the house and then found out the park closes at 6. So we put together a quick burger picnic at Food Lion and headed out.

It was a beautiful afternoon! And fun! I have been wanting to shoot a family photo for Christmas cards, so I set up the tripod and we played around:

FamilyLandsford10.20.07

FamilyLandsford2

Whathappened


Yup. He threw up on my leg. Paulsons reading this will remember the time Nate threw up on my head at a family reunion. If someone is going to throw up on me, I guess I'd prefer the leg.

5 comments:

Burkinator said...

Ah, yes, puke. Earlier this month, I was dumb enough to feed my nephew spaghetti and meatballs baby food, then toss him around above me. It was all fun and games 'til he doused my shoulder with his lunch. Not a pleasant sight or smell.

Anonymous said...

That second photo just cracks me up. You can see the thought bubble over your head. "What's that warm feeling on my leg...?"

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! Jenny O. is right! That second photo is HILARIOUS!!! I got a chuckle out of it as I viewed it on your blog, but then I clicked on it and viewed the enlarged version on flickr. I couldn't stop laughing! Sorry if I seem to be enjoying your pain a bit too much!

Karen said...

I think Mensa Boy was more disgusted by it than I was.

Anonymous said...

That's because women (mom's in particular) are tougher! LOL!