Friday, September 21, 2007

A Bit Whiny, I'm Afraid



Well...the terrorist is starting to come out. Yesterday Bear had some severe gastro-intestinal issues due to all the little things in the yard he's been finding to eat. Including bark from the landscaping.

This morning he ate the comb off my doorstop chicken.

Just now he drank out of my water glass.

I still like Bear. Very much. But Mensa Boy and I are both jammed up with work and projects right now, which leaves the guys to the puppy training in the evenings. They are not so good at it. And today I wasn't so good at it either, as I'm struggling with this virus I have and trying to get work done.

But...I knew this would happen and we'll gut it out.

I'm mad at work on this darn library festival again this year. Involved when I didn't want to be. But it will take place next weekend and then all will be over.

I'm realizing this is not really an enjoyable read. Some blog posts go that way, I guess. Sometimes I stick stuff up here because I know people will ask if a few days go by. Don't want anyone thinking I'm dying or anything!

Today Taylor said, "Everything is so hard." He's got a sore back, lots of hard work in 7th grade, and the puppy responsibilities. Tomorrow we'll take him to see our chiropractor extraordinaire. I've been thinking it would be good for him to go anyway. He has kind of a flat-footed gait and is sort of hunched over a lot. Since we've met out family deductible for the year, it makes sense to get him going now. Buddy Nannette and I will try to take him out to dinner Sunday. He's been wanting to go to a sushi bar.

That's it for now. Tomorrow I hope to spend a small amount of time at Art on Main in Fort Mill. Buddy Jenny's husband, The Naked Woodturner, will be there with his wares.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life requires a little bit of whining at times. There's really no way around it. Anyone who can't understand THAT must never have been sick, had to complete an unwanted assignment, or attempted to raise a puppy (the terrorist stage is REAL!). Besides, a blog's worth of whining is practically no whining at all. I'm pretty sure I've been whining for months! I can't say for certain because I stopped listening to myself weeks ago! :)

Karen said...

yeah to all that. I'm lucky because I do have some people I can whine to in person. Fortunately I don't whine often, so they still listen when I do!