Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I've Been Remiss

I haven't posted since late April. And here it is almost the middle of May.

School is winding down and so of course there is stuff going on over there. Now we are in the middle of standardized tests, so I'm helping monitor test-takers each day. 5 days in all. It's not too bad. I take a book and just glance around. There are two adults for each group. Each day it's about 3 hours.

Mensa Boy has done quite a bit of traveling these past few weeks and there will be more coming up. I think things won't die down until the second week of June.

Nate needs to find a job for the summer. I suggested to him last night that he list a few places he'd like to work. He mentioned Lowe's Home Improvement, but that would be a bit of a drive. I'd like to see him within 10 minutes of home, since I'll be taking him to and from work most of the time.

Taylor does not have plans for the summer at this point. Our boy Freddy, who comes here after school, will be with us most of the summer and they will have a good time. We've also talked about Taylor taking some pottery lessons from a friend of mine, and he may also go to Minnesota for a week-long visit before we go up there.

I do not have summer plans. The school stories will of course fall away, so I'll be hoping to pick up some other interesting things to write about. But I would also like to do some painting here at the house. We still have a few rooms that have not any paint at all. Still the contractor's flat cream color from 2002. Yeah, we are slow about stuff like that.

So this is a dull post. Sorry about that. Perhaps one of these days I'll post a message full of righteous indignation that my least favorite people won "The Amazing Race." Maybe I'll save that for when "American Idol" and "Survivor" all wind up.

Oh. The snake. I didn't mention the 12-foot python.

There are not too many people who can get me to stuff like this. Best friend Rena was able to talk me into going to her brother's to take a photo of the 12-foot, dead python they found in their shed. My photos did not turn out...as it was all crawling with MAGGOTS! The assumption is that someone had it for a pet and could not care for it any longer, releasing it outside.

hmpf. Just tried to put Eric's photo on here and it won't upload.

1 comment:

Burkinator said...

Glad you're back. And my house still has two bathrooms, entryway, stairway and upstairs hallway to be painted. It's been more than 3 years.