Thursday, April 19, 2007

Disappearing and Reappearing

Yesterday I made goulash, a family favorite. It requires opening a can or two of tomatoes.

I searched high and low for the can opener. I pulled everything out of the drawer...which is no mean feat. That drawer is very very large and is the standard kitchen catch-all drawer.

Fleeting through my mind was that Mom and Dad had walked off with it.

Of course they wouldn't have done that.

I was so desperate that I called Mensa Boy. He's out of town.

"Have you seen the can opener?"

"No. It's not in the...."

"Of course not."

"Of course not."

(drives me crazy when he asks me if whatever I'm looking for isn't in the place it belongs...)

So after a minute or so of questioning (I thought perhaps he'd used it for a project a while back), We hung up. I got the opener from the camping box, finished supper.

After supper I did the dishes.

And dropped the carrot peeler back into the drawer.

Right on top of the can opener.

No one is fessing up.

No comments: