Monday, February 19, 2007

Hippo Dreams

There is no polite response to this question:

"Did I tell you about my hippo dream?"



Yes, he did tell me about his hippo dream. Once was enough. It seems he was out walking in the Sahara desert when a miniature hippo threatened at him. Yes...miniature. Shorter than his knees.

No. It did not bite him.

No. He doesn't know why he was in the desert.

And no. He doesn't know why a hippo was in it.

But it must have made quite an impression on Mensa Boy, because he's mentioned this dream twice in the last two days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, this isn't entirely accurate. It wasn't that the hippo was small; it was that I was incredibly tall. I think the dream was inspired by all the "Man vs. Wild" episodes we've been watching. One time Bear Grylls was walking across the African Savannah and had to be careful of hippos, rhinos, elephants, etc., and I was thinking that if a guy were about 20 feet tall, it wouldn't be much of a problem. Lions the size of house cats, etc.

Burkinator said...

This whole string of conversation worries me...we let this guy travel—by himself?