Saturday, August 13, 2005

Grilled Okra


GrilledOkra
Originally uploaded by
Food Fanatic.

This might become my new food obsession for the next month. I do like Okra very very much. That is an aspect of the southern culture that I, a "damn rich yankee," can definitely embrace. My mom also likes okra very much and last August we had several late-afternoon snacks of fried okra.


But this grilled thing is even better.

I get a lot of food from my CSA farmer and yesterday, while waiting for my roast to cook in the pressure cooker, I quickly washed off some red and green okra, dried it, rolled it in olive oil, and tossed it onto my new toy ... a Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan.

There was a smoky haze in the house when I was done, but munching on roasted okra, heavily sprinkled with kosher salt, was well worth it.

And I will not have to share most of the time. My three men will not touch the stuff!

No comments: