Friday, July 27, 2007

Dangling Conversations: Wrong Number

Yesterday I tried to call a friend and got the wrong number.

"Hey! How you are you?"

"Good! How are you doing today?"

"Great. Whatchya up to?"

"Not much. What can I do for you?"

"Well, Is Linda there?"

"Sure! Which one?"

[chuckle] "You know, the one that vacuums up the dog hair."

"Hm. I think you might have the wrong number little lady."

I used the wrong prefix for our area. The guy owns a convenience store and produce stand. He has 2 Lindas that work for him.

"Y'all come by and see us sometime!"

In my defense? The guy did sound exactly like my buddy Don and he is always yanking my chain with some comment when I ask a question. I thought the "Sure, which one?" question was a fairly new one, but I never know for sure what he's going to say when I ask for her.

No comments: