Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Gone to Carolina Archive: Nathan's Hot Dogs

Tonight we are having hot dogs for supper. Our family likes hot dogs. Even though we do have fairly sophisticated meals most of the time, hot dogs are a "change of pace" meal for us.
When we first moved here, I went to all the local grocery stores looking for Hormel Wrangler hot dogs. Hormel brand items were in all the stores, just not the Wranglers.
This is a bad thing.
You see, when you have hot dogs only occasionally like we do, you want to go for the gusto...go for the juiciest, coarsest, fattiest hot dogs you can find. In Minnesota, that was the Wranglers.
I complained about it to everyone who would listen. And one day, my friend Dave said "Well, have you tried Nathan's?"
Oh. My. Gosh.
I think they're done. Bye.

No comments: